Brad Friedman of BradBlog



Hmmm, like the independent, progressive, aggressive, and investigative Clint Curtis exclusive?

Blogs spin tale of computers, conspiracies
... Now some Internet Web sites that traffic in conspiracy theories have fashioned something of a political thriller out of a series of apparently unrelated events they say prove the elections really were stolen.

The tale reaches far beyond elections to include a dead investigator for the state Department of Transportation, a $210 red Coach purse, gambling trips to Las Vegas and Biloxi, Miss., a Chinese computer expert charged with illegally shipping computer chips to Beijing and an Oviedo computer firm accused of overbilling the state....

They have seized on an affidavit Curtis wrote Dec. 6 about his allegations of vote fraud. The affidavit was initially published the same day on bradblog.com. On March 3, Curtis passed a lie detector test given by Tim Robinson, retired chief polygraph operator for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Curtis swore in the affidavit that he was at a meeting in Oviedo in September or October 2000 when Feeney asked if he could develop a program to alter vote tabulations on touch screen voting machines....

Curtis said he developed a program that included invisible buttons on touch screen machines that could alter vote totals, but he does not know whether it was ever used. He said he gave the program to one of his bosses, Li Yang, but did not keep a copy....

Curtis said he wrote the affidavit after reading about a reward for anyone who could verify vote fraud. He didn't want the money, Curtis insists, but wanted to prove the elections had been stolen. He presented copies of his affidavit to several congressional staffers and testified before a Democratic committee looking at fraud allegations in Ohio.

Mark Singer: "It wasn't as if the scales fell from my eyes all at once."
StarFiles: The Speedway Bombings, Part 2

FLASHBACK: Let's travel back to Patterico comments made in October 2010.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Except, of course, Brad Friedman’s darkest secret....

I can say, as I say in the UPDATE, that I am obviously messing with Brad in this post (or am I?). Whether it’s really a deep dark secret, or something he OUGHT to be worried about people knowing (but isn’t), I don’t know.

Me, I find it disturbing either way.....

[In response to "supposing for the sake of argument you are NOT just screwing with him but andy has something… where should i tune in?"]

I believe Big Journalism.

But if you knew where to look you could find it all right now.....

Sorry, I am having to be extraordinarily subtle here. If you do manage to scour the ‘Net and find what I am talking about, you will likely see how all the clues fit.

I think it will be a few days before the shoe drops.....

Aaron,

I see you quoted Socrates in your post.

Is that because I quoted Socrates in my comment above?

I have a feeling we may all be quoting Socrates soon re Friedman.

/hint
I'll wrap up this mailed in entry with another excerpt from Mark Singer's remarkable book Citizen K, Alfred A. Knopf, New York, 1996, p. 364 (during a trip to the Ukraine).
"You know, Brett," I said, "this is where the book ends. I came here with you because I hoped it would give me a scene I could use, and I think it did. I want you to have the last word. Remember how you told me to pack a bathing suit, because we might get to spend some time at Melekhina, on the Azon Sea? Well, I conjured this fantasy of us lying there on the beach sunning ourselves. And I imagined how great it would be if you would turn to me at a certain point and say, "Only in America." But then things got busy and we never made it. I hate to lose that as an ending, though, so I have a favor to ask. You wouldn't mind if I made that scene up, would you? What if I just pretend we went there? What if I write it up as if it really happened and end the book with that line?"

Kimberlin was propped on his elbows, looking utterly satisfied, smiling, then chuckling, "Sure, go ahead," he said. "Do it. Make it all up. Make the whole thing up."