The White Album



+++

Manson's interpretation became better known than the White Album itself

I don't remember all that well how I felt about it

I do recall the shiny cover smelling like the pages of the high school yearbook!

and biting off a piece of it one night

I bit off part of Paulie's stubbly bearded head

Or maybe I was sucking my own cock

It's impossible to separate one memory from another

I was doin loads of free blotter buying rolls of crossroads ten fer a dollah

and smoking dirtweed all day and allah da nite

Plus stealing all me mummy's valium that I could get my hands on

She never knew why her monthly supply, one hundred and twenty blues!

kept going empty every fifteen-sixteen days

Finally the doctor wised her up after he took her out on a date and decided she can't be this much fun that high

Or could she?

Bastard!

+++

My mom was hot and wanting it bad too

I was in full oedipal flower among other ripenesses fruitier than the tangelo trees blooming all round the yard

Dad would come cruising passed in his pickup same time every night

staring into the open front room windows music blaring teen heat rising

He was still our Dad making sure we was all OK

Me, my sister and our friends endless parties when mom went out with the neighbour's ex-husband

or the Mayor or the bartender from the bowling alley

About once a week dad come bouncing up the driveway and out onto the porch

If anyone noticed they'd rush to the front door slam it shut first and lock it quick

We stifling giggles while he pounded on the door getting more and more pissed by the second

"Damn it! Hey Pete! Open up the god damn door God damn it!"

"Mom's not here dad. And she told us not to let you in."

That last part wasn't true but it always set him spinning off

crazy cussing a blue tirade through his teeth like a red neck

Dizzy puffed up and blowing that profanely upbent horn to the highest heavens

He'd stop after while light a cigarette, scratch his nose a few times then get back in his truck

and bounce back down the driveway laying rubber in the street

+++

Mom started hiding the valium bottle around the sweaty little two bed one bath crackerbox

but never so's I couldn't easily find her cute little box when I needed some

which was all the time from morning coffee to last call cerveza

She loved me too much that was the problem

When her and dad divorced we should've just hooked up

the two of us and moved away to Morocco or somewhere it wouldn't raise eyebrows

Plus all that excellent hashish for sale in the bizarre cheap

+++