Robert Stacy McCain Exposed as Card Carrying Member of the Breitbart Cult

Wow, only a few weeks ago this dude still had credibility. He's flushed it all down the toilet by exposing himself as being part and parcel of the Breitbart Cult. Here's the letter he sent me on June 24th. So busted.

Complaints about you

Seth, as you know, I have praised your persistence in calling out Kimberlin and VR during those many months when it was you alone standing up against them. But several people who are also fighting against what I call the Kimberlin-Rauhauser Axis have complained of your behavior toward them, and I simply don't understand why you would wish to antagonize people who are, at least tactically, on your side.

Let me stress an important point here: Until I got into this thing a month ago, I had been at odds with Patterico going back to 2009, for reasons it is not necessary to describe now. I had also experienced a conflict with Aaron, and furthermore had not been much of a fan of Lee Stranahan. (I had some quarrel with Lee's blogging about WeinerGate.)

Given the gravity of the situation -- the importance of this story -- I have nonetheless resolved to put aside all personal considerations, welcoming every ally without regard to any previous disagreement. In fact, I've repeatedly found myself compelled to referee disputes among some of these allies who seem more eager to settle grudges between themselves than to keep up the fight against Kimberlin & Co.

In light of my own experiences, then, I am mystified to see you publicly quarreling with potential allies. Whatever wrongs you have previously suffered from these would-be allies, or whatever criticisms you have of other people's involvement in this matter, by any measure would seem minor and irrelevant, in comparison to the great good that could be achieved if we were all cooperating.

If other people on "our" side are being selfish or unsympathetic or wrongheaded or spiteful, that's their problem. Can't you brush it off and keep your attention focused on the necessity of exposing the enormous wrongs committed by Kimberlin and his associates?

I understand that every man must judge his own interests, and defend his own honor. I do not wish to minimize any wrongs you have suffered, nor defend those who have inflicted such wrongs. Neither would I deny that you have every right to seek justice in rectifying those wrongs. All I ask is that you consider whether *now* is the time to fight those fights.

I thought it best to express myself to you frankly and directly, while this was fresh in my mind, and hope you'll take it in the spirit in which it is meant, with warmest friendship.

-- RSM